Personally, at best I think the word “bonus” is more appropriate in most cases. Like how the hotel I just stayed at for $250 a night gave me “free WIFI,” or how Weight Watchers Online offers “free signup” when you pay to join for 3 months. Vistaprint offers free business cards when you pay double for shipping. That’s not really free.
Anyway, I recently saw that Advance Auto was listed as one of the “best stores for free services,” so I thought I’d look into it. So, what will they give you for free? You might be surprised, but here are the highlights:
- Free Battery testing: They say to get a new battery every few years, but they don’t exactly give you a countdown before they die. Go to any APP store, and they will test your battery for free
- Free Electrical Testing: This Includes your starter & alternator, so if you are having any issues starting your car, they cover all the bases at the same time for free
- Free Wiper Installation w/ Purchase: OK, so it requires that you buy something. Let’s call this a nice bonus. Last time I installed my own windshield wipers, it took me over 20 minutes!
- Free Battery Installation & Recycling: Not only do they offer discount prices and coupons for their car batteries, but you can get a new one installed for free. Leave your old battery and they will recycle it for free. Usually garages will charge you a an extra fee of about $5 for that.
- Free Oil Recycling: If you perform your own oil changes, you’ll know that you can’t exactly pour that stuff down the sink. Just take it to their store and they will dispose of it for you. They also have oil change specials in-store that save you up to $20 on new oil and filters
- Free Loaner Tools: Really!? There is no use buying a tool that you only use once every two years. Just leave a deposit, and you can borrow their tools for free. Even crazy stuff like spring compressors and specialized pullers
- Free in-store pickup: Need parts now? The best promo codes for Advance Auto are online only, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use them. Order anything online, and specify in-store pickup to get it immediately. (30 minutes)
- Free Advice: From ASE certified DIY professionals. You can’t get that at most stores. I asked someone at Home Depot a question about the blueberry bushes they were selling, and I may as well have asked them for help with my Irish step dancing techniques
So, to summarize, these are some great, free automotive services available in your neighborhood, helpful to everybody who has a car or motorcycle.